- Son: Happy Canada Day Mom!
- Mother: Canada Day isn't until Tomorrow sweetie.
- Son: Oh that's right, I forgot. I thought since everyone else was taking today off...
- Mother: Smart ass.
I would use these cool services like FriendFeed and SocialThing! more but they have one fatal flaw: they can’t tell the difference between an actual “post” and an automated “feed post” from sites like Jaiku and Tumblr. For example: Flickr feeds go into Jaiku/Tumblr so that followers there can see eveything. BUT Friendfeed has feeds from my Jaiku, Tumblr, AND Flickr. The reslut is 3 duplicate posts about the exact same thing. Perhaps this is something they can fix, or perhaps its something the other services have to change (to note the difference between an actual Jaiku/Tumblr post and a automated post from a feed) but until it’s worked out the service is too clogged and essentially useless.
Send me your thoughts at any of my many sites.
- D-Bag 1: Well, now that we've got Hussain out of the way, and terrorism is essentially a thing of the past what should we tackle next?
- Smart Guy: How about the rising oil/gas prices?
- D-Bag 1: No, I'm thinking something REALLY important... that really affects everyone, not just those with cars.
- D-Bag 2: How about illegal MP3's and Movies going across the border on iPods?
- D-Bag 1: Brilliant! That's far more important than terrorism, smuggling, and illegal immigration!
- D-Bag 2: And I've got the perfect name for it! The "Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement"
- D-Bag 1: Perfect!
- Smart Guy: Woah woah woah... how the fuck are downloaded music and movies "counterfeiting"?
- D-Bag 1: Who the fuck cares? With the amount of money the MPAA and RIAA will give us we won't have to worry about stuff like that!